Win tickets to see The Script
Dublin’s finest, The Script, will be performing this summer as part of Forest Live, the annual concert series organised by the Forestry Commission.
The Script’s 2017 release, ‘Freedom Child’, topped the UK Official Albums Chart and scored the band their fourth UK No 1 album. Lead single ‘Rain’ picked up phenomenal radio airplay and the video has been viewed over 30 million times. This success replicates earlier outings with albums such as ‘The Script’; ‘Science and Faith’ and ‘No Sound Without Silence’ and anthemic pop/rock singles including ‘We Cry’; ‘The Man Who Can’t Be Moved’; ‘For The First Time’; ‘Hall Of Fame’ (featuring will.i.am) and ’Superheroes’. The Irish three-piece are also one of the biggest live acts, having sold over 1.4 million tickets across 203 headline shows.
Forest Live is a major live music series, managed by the Forestry Commission. Held annually in seven beautiful forest locations across the country, over 1.5 million people have attended a gig in the programme’s seventeen-year history. With everything required for a great night out, including good food and bar, the concerts are renowned for their informal and relaxed atmosphere set to a spectacular forest backdrop. Income generated from ticket sales helps look after the nation’s forests sustainably, for people to enjoy and wildlife to thrive.
As part of Forest Live, The Script will be appearing in this region in Thetford Forest, near Brandon, Suffolk, on Thursday 7 June. For tickets and further info call the box office tel 03000 680400 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music.
To stand the chance of winning a pair of tickets to this fantastic concert just tell us….
What is the name of the lead single taken from the The Script's latest album 'Freedom Child'?
Sorry this competition is now closed!
Terms & Conditions
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms & conditions (which can be found at http://www.starradioonline.com/terms-and-conditions/)(the “Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Star Radio as defined in the Competition Terms & Conditions apply to ‘The Script at Thetford Forest’ competition ("the Competition") which will run from 1st May 2018 until 31st May 2018 at 17:00 (“the Duration”). The "Radio Station" is Star Radio (Cambridgeshire).
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted these Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. To enter the competition, an entrant visit the specific competition page at www.starradioonline.com and answer the multiple-choice question.
4. One entrant with the correct answer will be selected at random after the competition is closed.
5. The winning entrant may be required to talk to the presenter/s and a call will be recorded with the presenter/s and played on-air. If the caller doesn’t answer their phone, is driving at the time of the call and is unable to pull over, or cannot continue the call for any reason, the call may be terminated and another entrant selected at random.
6. The winning entrant will be announced on-air on 1st June 2018
7. The winner may be required to take part in publicity (including interviews) with local media at the request of Star Radio. By entering this competition, you agree that Star Radio may use your name, hometown, photo and any video or audio recording of your contribution for advertising and promotional purposes without additional notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
8. All players must be 18 or over and resident in the Star Radio FM transmission area – defined as the CB1, CB2, CB22, CB23, CB24, CB25, CB3, CB4. CB5, CB6. CB7, CB8, CB10 and SG8 postcode areas.
9. You may not enter the Competition if you or any of your Family Members (spouse, partner, close blood relation or spouse of a close blood relation) have won a prize valued at £100 or greater from a competition on Star Radio either on air or online within a period of six months prior to the closing date of the Competition round
10. Multiple entries are not permitted
11. A pair of tickets to see The Script at Thetford Forest on Thursday 7th June
12. There is no alternative prize available.
13. Tickets will be sent via Royal Mail recorded delivery, or a suitable similar alternative where signature is required
14. Star Radio reserves the right to change or amend these rules at any time.
Cambridge Radio Limited, 20 Mercers Row, Cambridge CB5 8HY
A1304 - Newmarket, Suffolk
Slow traffic on A1304 both ways near Newmarket War Memorial.
A14 Huntingdon Road, Cambridgeshire
Heavy traffic on A14 Huntingdon Road Eastbound between J25 (Hemingford Abbotts) and J28 Bucking Way Road (Cambridge Services / Boxworth).
A1198 - Papworth Everard, Cambridgeshire
Slow traffic on A1198 Southbound between Ermine Street South (Papworth Everard) and Caxton Gibbet Services (Caxton Gibbet).
Get The App
Take Star Radio with you wherever you go and listen to us live. Interact with the studio and call, email, text and Tweet us all directly from within the app.