Win tickets to Nile Rodgers & CHIC at Newmarket Nights
The legendary Nile Rodgers & CHIC will be headlining Newmarket Nights on Friday 10th August and we have 3 pairs of tickets up for grabs!
Nile Rodgers amplifies his legacy as a multiple GRAMMY-winning composer, producer, arranger and guitarist by constantly traversing new musical terrain and successfully expanding the boundaries of popular music. As the co-founder of CHIC, Rodgers pioneered a musical language that generated chart-topping hits like “Le Freak,” sparked the advent of hip-hop with “Good Times,” and won CHIC 11 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominations. His work in the CHIC Organization and his productions for artists like David Bowie, Diana Ross and Madonna have sold over 300 million albums and 50 million singles worldwide while his innovative, trendsetting collaborations with Daft Punk, Sigala, Disclosure and Sam Smith reflect the vanguard of contemporary music.
The Jockey Club Live deliver spectacular line-ups of some of the hottest chart talent and legendary household names to some of the world’s most famous racecourses. The events are renowned for combining a fun filled evening at the races with a spectacular evening concert in the informal and relaxed open-air setting of the hallowed turf. The venue welcomes over 2 million people a year for some of the UK's biggest racing events so you can be sure a fantastic evening!
You can find further information about the event here.
How to Enter:
For your chance of winning please fill out your details using the form below. The competition will close on Friday 3rd August at 9am.
Terms & Conditions
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms & conditions (which can be found at http://www.starradioonline.com/terms-and-conditions/)(the “Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Star Radio as defined in the Competition Terms & Conditions apply to ‘Nile Rodgers & CHIC at Newmarket Nights’ competition ("the Competition") which will run from 9th July 2018 until 3rd August 2018 at 09:00 (“the Duration”). The "Radio Station" is Star Radio (Cambridgeshire).
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted these Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. To enter the competition, an entrant must visit the specific competition page at www.starradioonline.com and complete the form.
4. Three entrants will then be selected at random after the competition is closed.
5. The winning entrants may be required to talk to the presenter/s and a call will be recorded with the presenter/s and played on-air. If the caller doesn’t answer their phone, is driving at the time of the call and is unable to pull over, or cannot continue the call for any reason, the call may be terminated and another entrant selected at random.
6. The winning entrants will be announced on-air on 6th August 2018
7. The winners may be required to take part in publicity (including interviews) with local media at the request of Star Radio. By entering this competition, you agree that Star Radio may use your name, hometown, photo and any video or audio recording of your contribution for advertising and promotional purposes without additional notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
8. All players must be 18 or over and resident in the Star Radio FM transmission area – defined as the CB1, CB2, CB22, CB23, CB24, CB25, CB3, CB4. CB5, CB6. CB7, CB8, CB10 and SG8 postcode areas.
9. You may not enter the Competition if you or any of your Family Members (spouse, partner, close blood relation or spouse of a close blood relation) have won a prize valued at £100 or greater from a competition on Star Radio either on air or online within a period of six months prior to the closing date of the Competition round
10. Multiple entries are not permitted
11. A pair of tickets to see Nile Rodgers & CHIC at Newmarket Nights on Friday 10th August 2018.
12. There is no alternative prize available.
13. Tickets will not be sent out - your name and address details will be added to the guest list at the Box Office for verification upon your arrival.
14. Star Radio reserves the right to change or amend these rules at any time.
Cambridge Radio Limited, 20 Mercers Row, Cambridge CB5 8HY
A1198 - Papworth Everard, Cambridgeshire
Slow traffic on A1198 Southbound between Ermine Street South (Papworth Everard) and Caxton Gibbet Services (Caxton Gibbet).
A1304 - Newmarket, Suffolk
Slow traffic on A1304 both ways near Newmarket War Memorial.
A14 Huntingdon Road, Cambridgeshire
Heavy traffic on A14 Huntingdon Road Eastbound between J25 (Hemingford Abbotts) and J28 Bucking Way Road (Cambridge Services / Boxworth).
Get The App
Take Star Radio with you wherever you go and listen to us live. Interact with the studio and call, email, text and Tweet us all directly from within the app.